Saturday, May 14, 2011

Forward is the Only Way to Move

I've been awful quiet here on my blog lately. Part of it is that I have company and part of it is I've been busy reflecting. My son and my husband are doing the last of the college visits this weekend and then the leap of faith will be taken with a decision on which school to attend. 


I remember so well when I went from homeschooling two kids to three kids. It seemed like such an overwhelming leap. The day the books came I got dizzy and nauseous and went to bed!! LOL!! Now I am looking forward to going from homeschooling three to two and if I let myself, I'd cry an ocean of tears over it!!


There's such a mix of emotions. Part of me wants to start all over, maybe improve how I do it and definitely to enjoy it again with more *savor*. The other part of me feels at peace that it is *time* and also knowing that I really want to see what God does in the lives of my children. I want to see the rest of their story!


I am celebrating the completion of the most challenging task I have ever taken on, while mourning the loss of getting to spend 24/7 with one of my most favorite people on the planet, my firstborn son. Of course, I will still be his mom and he will still be my son. But change is definitely on the way.


Fortunately, going back and starting over isn't a possibility because I might succumb to the temptation. The only way to move is forward...for all of us... I pray I am good at it, gracious about it, joyful in it...


 "press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!