Sunday, May 15, 2011

Simply Nice...

It's been a great weekend. :) I've been hanging out with my younger two children and it's been comfortably relaxing. 


On Saturday, we met my aunt in my home town so my mom could go and visit with her sisters for the weekend. After connecting with them, Rachel and Christian and I went to my favorite childhood seafood shack, "Bob's Clam Hut." 


When I was young we used to go to Bob's on Thursday nights, which was grocery night! My parents had these camp dishes that we would bring. My sisters and I would split a seafood basket between the three of us and my mom would split it up evenly in the dishes. We still laugh about it. In those days it was completely take out but nowadays (love that word) you can go inside and sit down. It's even been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives . :) 


Anyway, after a yummy meal of the best seafood on the planet, we went to "Barnes and Noble." I don't think I have ever actually gone inside of a "Barnes and Noble." It was HUGE!!


Rachel and Christian had a good chance to check out some books and start thinking about summer reading...


Can you guess whose is whose? ;) 


Today was church of course which is always awesome and today did not disappoint! We are studying through Acts and I am lovin' it!!


Christian is off with friends this afternoon to go to a concert and Tyler and Robin are still away for a college trip. So, it's a girl's day! Rachel has decided to start watching the Disney movies that she doesn't remember as she was too young when we watched them. 


Here she is all bundled up and waiting for me. :) It's cold and rainy today and a great day to get under a blanket and watch a movie. We watched "Anastasia". I love that movie!! 
As you can see, I am still knitting dishcloths!! I've got the prettiest colors going. I am doing the basic grandmother's pattern so I don't have to count stitches. I can still chat and focus on other things while I knit.


"Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. 
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth." Psalm 127:3-4 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!