Saturday, April 2, 2011

Yummy Bean Dip

This recipe is from "Taste of Home Quick Cooking" magazine. They call it "Layered Chile Dip".

Ingredients:

1 can (about 15 oz) refried beans
3/4 cup red chile sauce with chicken (I had to substitute in my favorite salsa which was still quite good!)
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
1 carton (12 oz.) prepared guacamole, opt. (I think this is entirely necessary; I make up my own and I will share the recipe below)
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup sliced green onion with tops
1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 can (2-1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained, opt.
Tortilla chips

Directions: In a medium bowl, combine the refried beans and red chile sauce, mix well. Spread the mixture evenly on a 9 inch serving platter. Blend the cream cheese and sour cream; spread on top of refried mixture. Top with guacamole, tomatoes, green onions, cheese and olives. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Guacamole dip:

Peel and puree one avacado.
Add 2 Tblsp of sour cream and 2 Tblsp of salsa. No need to be exact, let it be heaping.
1/2 small onion chopped or 1 green onion.
Mix well.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!