Friday, April 15, 2011

Stopping to Notice...

Yesterday, on our way home from Tyler's College Class, he was driving and I was sitting back and enjoying the ride. :) One of life's simplest pleasures is to just stop and look around and notice the beauty around you. 
The fields are starting to turn green now. Most of the snow is gone, except in MY very shady neighborhood. The ice is close to leaving  the lakes and ponds that surround me. 
I was taking these pictures as we were driving so I am kind of surprised they're not a blur!!
The above pic is the strawberry fields that we will soon pick from. I can't wait!! I just love the changing of seasons. I used to have a favorite season but honestly, now I love them all. Winter is a season of rest for me and now spring is here and I am ready to get outside and enjoy the weather and fun. There's so many places to go, so many things to do. Soon we'll all be gardening...and going to the parks and beaches...
Even our little mailbox has a pretty view!! I am so thankful for where I live. I love the water all around me. 
Home sweet home!! The snow is slowly melting and all that is left is the snow banks. The birds are singing and I find myself wandering around the yard to look for progress in the flower beds. Life is good...


"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment." 1 Timothy 6:17 

4 comments:

  1. Dear Karen,

    Such a sweet post...and it is always so fun for me to see places on your blog that I recognize! You seem to have a bit more snow left than we do...most of ours disappeared with all the rain we received this week. I totally agree with you, we are so blessed to live so close to the water. There is such a peace and sense of wonder standing by a river or the ocean...you can't help but feel God close by!

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura!! Yes, we are buried in SHADE so it takes awhile for the snow to leave for good! :) I love taking pics of the area!! :)
    Thanks for visiting!! You have a great weekend too!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful area! Like you I am finding each season brings something special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lecia! I do love living here in S. Maine!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!