Saturday, April 16, 2011

Progress...

Don't you just love to see progress in your life? Sometimes I can be so fixed on *what's next* that I never see progress. This is most true with home improvement. Before I am done painting one room I am planning the next project. My husband always admonishes me to at least sit and look at the painted room for a moment before mentally moving on to *what's next.* It's important to keep growing and changing, but often times part of learning to be content is in noticing *progress.*


~Progress~
It's hard to see but there's daffodil buds peeking up through the leaves. I live in the woods, really so buds have to work hard to peek up!
These are my irises peeking through. Can you see them? Maybe you just have to trust me!! LOL!! My flowers seem to come up last compared to others in my area, but I choose to savor them! I'll enjoy the flowers of others now and then mine!! Double blessing!!


~Progress~
I am spending most of my spare time knitting, working toward a goal to donate as many knitted dish cloths as possible to a craft fair to benefit adoption from Haiti. A friend from the Christian Homekeeper is joining me by knitting hats and scarves. It's very exciting to me!! With the general "Grandmother's Cloth" I can knit one per day. The designed cloths take a bit longer so I try to rotate what I am doing. 
Here is an angel pattern I decided to try. I really had fun knitting it up and I am pretty sure I'll make another. You can find the pattern by clicking here .
This one is suppose to be a Moose Cloth, but it looks like a deer to me!! LOL!! I did it in a tan cotton yarn. This would be a good one for wives to purchase for the men in their life! (wink, wink!) You can find the pattern by clicking here . Rhonda White designed this and I always love her designs!! 


~Progress~
This is my tattered Bible reading plan! I keep it tucked in my Bible of course. The timing was perfect this year to read through the Bible. I am just enjoying it so much and getting so much out of it! I am happy to be doing well plodding along. Totally a GOD thing!! 


~Progress~ 


We're preparing to launch our first arrow (...sniff, sniff...). We're mailing for his license test date this week, his diploma is ordered, we're finishing up his school year. The college apps are complete, the FAFSA is done, he'll take the ACT soon (he's already done the SAT). He'll officially graduate our homeschool on May 20th! It's coming fast!! 
My other two students are progressing and finishing their school year as well!! Christian will soon say good-bye to middle school and be an official *High Schooler*!
Rachel is finishing up her 7th grade year! Why the shocked faces you ask? Well, when your mom blogs as a hobby you just never know when your going to get hit with a camera flash!! haha!!


~Progress~
Rachel had to go *dairy-free* this year. It's been very tough. But we are slowly making progress in finding her things to eat. Above was a cored, sliced apple with peanut butter, granola, and dairy-free chocolate chips! :) 


~Progress~


I thinking I am feeling progress with my back pain. I am able to do more work without suffering ill effects. We bought a new bed last year and it has really helped (Kingsdown). I know God is helping me and I am so thankful!


~Progress~


Of course the progress I really want to see in my life is spiritual progress! Thankfully, it is God who works in me. My job is to surrender to his work!! 



"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:
   “For your sake we face death all day long;
   we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:28-39

What progress are you seeing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!