Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Christian Homekeeper's Journal 4/12/11


If you'd like to join in visit The Christian Homekeeper .


Disappointment. The thing we don’t want and we don’t want our children to experience. But then again, we do want our children to experience it so that they can learn and grow. Disappointment is something that we just wish wasn’t part of life, but it always will be.
My biggest kitchen disappointment …Pretty much if it will melt, I've melted it and if it can burn, I've burned it. Just last night I let my carrots run dry on the stove and burned them. :) Once I served a guest homemade pizza, only to realize too late that my cheese had molded...not my best moment!! I am pretty good at dropping breakables too! I suppose I keep life interesting that way!!
I’ve learned this from disappointment …I've surely learned to give others (like my children) lots of grace for mishaps! I've learned to never think I am "all that." 
What I hope my children can learn from disappointment …It doesn't define you, you can learn from it, God can redeem it! I pray their relationship with Jesus is so strong that they can rely on Him more than on people so that they are not crushed when they are disappointed.
Disappointment with people …It hurts less than it did when I was younger but it still hurts. But God is good at reminding me that I have disappointed others plenty even when I was trying my hardest and worse when I wasn't trying. I've learned to give grace. I am sure I still have a ways to go! I think I have learned to rely on God and rest in his sovereign control so if someone doesn't follow through I know that ultimately what I need physically, emotionally and spiritually comes from God alone. 
The Bible speaks about disappointment a lot. Here are some verses that give us comfort and strength in the face of disappointment. Choose one and tell how that verse can help you overcome disappointment……(I liked them all.)
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. For the wrongdoer will be paid back for the wrong he has done, and there is no partiality. Colossians 3:23-25
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 1 John 5:13-14

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!