Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thankful Thursday 3/31/2011

Home and Hearth

"From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." 
Acts 17:26-27

Yesterday I was thinking about our home and how blessed we are by the provision of it! So, I decided it would be the overall theme of my thankfulness post! Often I can be so focused on what needs to be done and redone to the house that I can stop being thankful. But we are content here...

156. I am thankful my house is yellow in the outside. It's a cheerful color.

157. I am thankful the two bedrooms upstairs are large so the kids have plenty of room.

158. I am thankful my/my husband's bedroom is tiny so that we can't accumulate "stuff." 

159. I am thankful that I have no rugs in the main house. I makes the floors easy to clean and I don't worry about anyone tracking in dirt. 

160. I am thankful that my ceilings are kinda high. It gives the house a roomy feel.

161. I am thankful to live in a lakeside community as lakes are a part of my best childhood memories.

162. I am thankful for my pantry closet to store food in.

163. I am thankful for our bookshelves that hold our homeschool books.

164. I am thankful for the cathedral room where the kids can hang out. 

165. I am thankful for the memories stored in this house.

166. I am thankful for the things that have broken down as it has taught me to rely on God's provision and to practice NOT panicking. 

167. I am thankful for a big driveway so visitors have room to park. 

168. I am thankful for our location, just 10 minutes from church.

169. I am thankful for working appliances, that cook food, wash dishes and clothes while I focus on other things. 

170. I am thankful for my COFFEE POT. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!