Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday 3/24/11



"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though it waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging."  Psalms 46:1-3


141. I am so thankful I can trust God to take care of things. I am thankful he is lovingly in control of my life.


There is so much on my mind to pray over for so many different people. 
"But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed." Luke 5:16
Surely if Jesus needed to withdraw and pray, then I do too!


142. I am so thankful I can be home so much and have time to pray. (I need to TAKE that time!)


143. I am thankful that the weather in Maine in March might annoy those looking for spring, but is not dangerous or life threatening.


144. I am thankful that I got to visit a Ladies Fellowship Group and reconnect with friends and forge new friendships. 


145. I am thankful to belong to a church that I love so much I want to share it with others.


146. I am thankful that my husband has and takes opportunities to preach God's Word.


147. I am thankful we are able to plan trips for Tyler to visit the colleges he has applied to.


148. I am thankful that God provided in such away that we were able to keep purchasing oil to heat the house. 


149. I am thankful that the same God who provides for us when prices are low provides when prices are high. 
"I (God) have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it." Psalm 50:9-12


150. I am thankful that I was able to rest last weekend when I wasn't feeling well.


151. I am thankful for my kids and the way they enjoy being together.


152. I am thankful that on Tuesday night we were able to go out to dinner together and come home and watch a movie. 
"Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great wealth with turmoil. Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred." Proverbs 15:16-17


153. I am so thankful for my Bible. I do love my Bible. :)


154. I am thankful for my friends and the joy they bring to my life.


155. I am so thankful for my husband who loves me when I am difficult to live with!!


What are you thankful for today?

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit." Proverbs 15:13

1 comment:

  1. What a great list of things to be thankful for. They made me stop and think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!