This week has hit me hard. Yesterday I was ready to collapse in a heap (explains my quietness here at Peaceful Gatherings!). By this morning I was ready for some "Quiet Waters." When life gets busy and is going too fast it's time to stop and spend time with God re-centering myself and putting my focus back where it needs to be. So this morning, knowing I had to bring my son to Portland and knowing I'd have an hour of waiting, I packed only my Bible and promised myself to not do any errands. This little pic above shows my view. I found a grocery store last week where I can park and have this beautiful view. Last week I spent time just sitting, watching the seagulls and ducks and just thought a thought!
What a refreshment to just sit and read and pray (even if that prayer is limited to, "Lord I just really need your help to calm my spirit!"). Now I am home and much better for the time spent at my Shepherd's feet! There was some schooling that had to be done, but soon enough I was back in my jammies with a cup of peach tea in my hand, ready to write and reflect. :) I have found my "thankful" again!
Sylvia Britton from Christian Homekeeper wrote a great article on thankfulness yesterday entitled "Tell of His Wonders" . It's well worth reading! After reading, I decided to focus my "Thankful Thursday" on all the blessings that I often take for granted. So, continuing with my numbering from last week...
I am thankful for:
88. Celestial Seasonings Peach tea which is presently in my cup.
89. Having a good cup of coffee this morning in a coffee makes that consistently works when I use it.
90. Gathering together as a family to read the Bible and pray this morning.
91. That my husband leads our devotionals in the morning.
92. My van and the ability to drive it.
93. The gas in the van and it's provision (actually that is no small thing!).
94. That I was able to take my son to his classes.
95. My computer and internet connection.
96. A working telephone.
97. The beautiful ocean views from my parking spot.
98. Christian music in the car.
99. A safe trip to and from the college.
100. My husband could go to the doctor for a checkup.
101. That he is late returning because he helped a man who had run out of gas.
102. I'll soon get to pour a second cup of tea and start supper for my family.
103. My children completed their schooling for the day and are willingly doing their chores.
104. My second born gets to go to a Youth Bible Study tonight.
105. A heated home.
106. Beds to sleep in.
107. A healthy family.
108. Laughing together.
109. Gathering around the table for supper.
110. Knitting. :)
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake." Psalm 23:1-3