Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Homekeeper's Journal 315/11

If you would like to participate, you can visit The Christian Homekeeper .


In the Kitchen this Week : Chocolate chip cookies, seafood chowder, chicken parm tomorrow, and other yummy delights!


In My Yard: SNOW PACK!! :)


I've Been Thinking : ...About the people of Japan, about prayer and how to take the next step in "praying without ceasing", about homeschooling and conquering Algebra. 


What Motivates Me More than Anything Else: Well, if you're talking keep the house clean than definitely "company coming" works. If you are talking life in general than it's "God's pleasure" that motivates me. 


My Devotional Life and Walk with Christ: ...is a constant daily challenge that I must relentlessly pursue.


I Struggle: ...with chronic back pain, with knowing what is best for my children each day and in each situation...


I Dread: Not having time to get done what needs to get done.


But I Look Forward to: Spring, fun times with my family, being with friends, our fellowship meetings, watching my kids grow up, the future, and ultimately HEAVEN!

2 comments:

  1. Karen, hearing you say you struggle with chronic back pain really strikes a chord with me. My daughter struggles the same way and had back surgery when she was 15. I will be praying for you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Trish!! :) I appreciate the prayers so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!