(I am thankful for my header and also this pic above, both taken by my daughter Rachel .)
It's impossible for me to list all the things I am thankful for and am rejoicing over without making some mention of the devastating tragedies in Japan. At different times in my life when I have gone through difficult circumstances that others are at the same time celebrating. Around the world at every given moment, one is celebrating and one is mourning, one is ecstatic with joy and one is devastated with sorrow.
Here is what I do know for sure.
"For God loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
God loves the people of Japan.
"And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Acts 2:21
God wants the people of Japan to call upon Him and they will be with Him for all eternity.
"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:17-18
I need to be on God's side and pray for the people of Japan that they will call on God. I desire for God to bind up their wounds as I believe He would do for me if I suffered the same!
None of us are immune to suffering.
I just felt compelled to communicate that as I post my "thankful" list, that the sufferings of others does not escape my notice and I am praying for them!!
In keeping with my numbering from previous weeks...
I am thankful for...
126. God has provided for us big time and miraculously. I never thought in a million years I could do much to help my child attend college, yet I am standing back in awe watching God bring it all together for year one coming up soon. It gives me faith to believe for "year two". ;)
127. Family times together...
128. My children love to go to church and we as a family look forward to Sunday mornings.
129. Tyler has been able to play in the worship band Sunday mornings which he enjoys very much and is learning alot.
130. I love my weekly Fellowship Group. I love how I feel free to be honest there and they don't look down on me for my failures.
131. My friends...I got to spend time with some friends while our kids played and then got to have a "girls night out" with just "the girls." :)
132. So happy to see us making progress in homeschooling on the tougher subjects that are a struggle. Step by step we are learning and overcoming!
133. So glad to see spring coming (just a few days!). I love every season really and love to see the seasons change. I love the "freshness" of change.
134. I have a good book to read that brings great pleasure and encouragement. It is the first time I have read a book twice (I am re-reading the "Yadda Yadda" series. It's like visiting with an old friend).
135. I am so thankful for answered prayers and excited to see what God will do next.
136. So glad that I finally got my act together and got a decent menu for the week and purchased a good load of groceries. It had been awhile!
137. I am thankful for our home, that it is a peaceful sanctuary.
138. I am glad for a loving family.
139. I am thankful for melting snow! :)
140. I am thankful for appliances that work while I do other things. They are my "handmaids". :)
"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." Psalm 33:20-22
In honor of St. Patrick's Day: