Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine Blessings

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! :) Above is the pic of the roses and card my dear husband of 20 years gave me yesterday. I would show you the picture of me actually holding them but...well he gave them to me in the morning and I wasn't quite ready for pictures yet!! ;) 


Valentines Day is a special day for us as our daughter was born on Valentines Day. She even came way past her due date to make sure she was born on Valentines Day! haha!
She was way more ready for pictures in the morning so here she is with her bouquet from her dad. He started this tradition of bringing her flowers on Valentines Day when she was quite little. Very sweet...


I always used to say that she is "rebelliously female." Having two brothers, I thought she would be a bit of a tomboy but she has always been my girly girly and I am just delighted that she is! :) 


I officially have 3 teenagers now! Tyler is 17, Christian is 14, and Rachel is 13! WOW!! We sure have alot of fun and laughs and I am very blessed! I was telling a friend that menopause is on its way so we can all be together in our mood swings! My husband is in for the ride of his life!! 


Anyway, I digress...  
Here are her brothers being silly at her birthday lunch! They make sure we don't get bored; that's their job! :) 


When you're young life stretches out endlessly in front of you. As you grow older you realize it's not endless after all and it's job is to speed by! There was a day that doesn't seem so long ago that I could not imagine being married. Now I have been married for 20 years and I have been a mom for 17 (18 counting pregnancy!) years. At my age, you realize you must make every day count...


"For 'all people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of the Lord endures forever.' And this is the Word that was preached to you." 1 Peter 1:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!