Friday, February 18, 2011

Update on Yearly Goals

Today I decided to have a look at my yearly goals and see how I was doing. To my surprise, in most areas I am not doing too badly. I do have a couple of areas that are dismal. So, here's my little performance review of myself.

I memorized my first two verses which were Isaiah 48:17 and 2 Corinthians 10:5. I faltered with my 3rd verse, Isaiah 30:18 and now it's time for my new verse, Psalm 130:5 so I must memorize both by March 1rst to stay on target. I think I can do it!! Psalm 130:5, my new verse, states: "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope." It's short but potent!!

Bible Reading:  I am right on target for reading through the Bible in a year. What has helped is that I drive my son to college classes twice per week and can spend that time in my car reading. It's easy to use that time whenever I need to catch up! I am using a plan for "Shirkers and Slackers". Let me know if you'd like the link. :)

I am doing better than I was doing with the Menu planning. But I've decided that I am going to declutter my recipe box and then create a new box of recipes we actually USE. That will give us something concrete to pick from. I am trying to include the family in menu planning and that helps alot. If I could have that box for them to look through that would be great. I could use lots more work in this area but I am on the right path. It's a work in progress. This week I'll work on the declutter of the recipes. I am also trying to make sure we use up more food and waste less. Eventually we will hopefully waste nothing. :) That'd be nice...


The daily schedule I originally made for deep cleaning crashed and burned. Right now we are doing our deep cleaning once day per week. So we keep up with the dishes, laundry, tidying, and vacuuming daily and then once per week we wash floors, dust, wipe down, scrub the bathrooms. It's working and I am wondering if I should just keep doing things that way or try to do a little per day? We're generally too busy to do these things daily, even though I split them up through the week.
I have started the painful declutter, just this week actually. I went through our household paperwork, desk and junk drawer and cleaned it all out. This coming week is February break for our homeschool so I will work on homeschool papers and hopefully declutter our closets. If I could do that then I would be ready for spring cleaning which I do yearly with Christian Homekeepers . Then over April break I hope to declutter the attic eves.

Exercise on the Treadmill: EPIC FAIL. Enough said... I just need to DO IT!

College Prep: For our graduate, transcripts and FAFSA are done, applications are done. We need to pass out the reference forms and get said graduate to the doctor for immunization records (and vaccinations for upcoming missions trip to Nicaragua). Then we'll be in very, very good spot!

Gospel Centered Goals: I am started a research project with a friend at church concerning demographics. We'll be collecting data and Lord willing, coming up with an outreach plan. It's all beyond exciting to me!!

Family time/time with friends and church family: It's going well but always something to keep a watch on. Often times these areas fall apart for lack of planning! With my family, sometimes we run out of ideas. This weekend we hope to take the kids ice skating. I can see us starting to slip into a rut. I don't want that to happen!

I find it interesting that I didn't make any homeschooling goals. Hmmm...I need to think on that one!! :) ;)

I am a work in progress. But this year, I am not letting myself off the hook or giving in to the temptation to give up!!

"Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!