Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Snowy Pause...

Yesterday we had a nice big snowstorm! I don't know exactly how much but it looks like about 12 inches. All I know is that it gave me a very quiet, much needed day at home! (I'd show pictures but my daughter's camera is missing in action and I don't have a camera of my own right now. :)  )

Sometimes I can let my life speed up without notice and before I realize it I am collapsing in a grumpy, yucky feeling heap! Let's just say the timing of this storm was just right and I was only too happy to be "stuck" at home (I say that entirely tongue in cheek because I am a homebody!).

I had time and it was glorious!

~I got all caught up with my Bible Reading (reading in a year plan).
~I worked for hours on homeschool lesson plans, getting us ready for the final stretch and guaranteeing that we will be done with all our curriculum (Lord willing) by the end of May.
~I cleaned out my recipe box. I threw away recipes that we never use. I set aside recipes in the handwriting of my grandmother, mother, and mother-in-law. I believe I will put those in some sort of scrap book. I love to see those aged cards with remants of the ingredients in the recipe darkening the card. You'll likely hear more about my recipe project in the near future!
~I unravelled a cotton knit blanket I had started because I realized it needed to be on circular needles (I guess it's been too long since I've knit). I got a good start on it on the correct needles.
~I watched a movie with Christian (son) and Robin (hubby), while knitting of course!
~I read a little out of my current book ("Who is My Shelter" by Neta Jackson).

It was just blissful really. The added bonus was a great night's sleep and awakening to the sun shining through snow laden trees (I gotta find that camera!)!

Today's plans include working on a research project for my pastor this morning and then going to the movies this afternoon as a family. Tonight, after supper I'll pull the knitting out again and then call it an early night with my book. :) At least that's the plan! ;)

Isn't it easy to forget how important rest is? Sometimes I just need to slow down, spend extra time reading my Bible and praying and focusing on TRUTH, and just let the world go on with out me for a few hours. I think in the end I actually am more productive when I take that time to rest and collect myself.

"The LORD upholds all who fall
   and lifts up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all look to you,
   and you give them their food at the proper time.
You open your hand
   and satisfy the desires of every living thing." 

Psalm 145:14-16

2 comments:

  1. I love snow days too! Perfect chance to nest at home and refrain from running hither and thither.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that just one of the best parts of living in Maine?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!