Monday, January 10, 2011

Keep On Keepin' On!

We're 10 days into the new year and I suddenly remember why it's so hard to keep my goals every year without getting discouraged!! It's because life keeps happening in the middle of me trying to diligently keep my goals! Stop the world, I'm trying to get something done!! LOL!!

"Many of the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Did anyone else have things in their life pop up that made a mockery of their fine plans?

There's two extremes. On the one hand, plans can be made and I can fall apart when life interrupts me. Or on the other hand, plans can be made and I can ignore an interruption even when it is important. I don't want to do either. I want to be flexible and readjust. It's great to have goals. But it's just as important to hold our plans loosely so that we are available for the unexpected "God appointments."

In the past I have let the interruptions stop me totally from my goals and I stop growing in the areas I need to grow. But this time, I am not going to let that happen. I am going to keep on keeping on. Are you with me?

~I have 5 days left to memorize Isaiah 48:17 and pick my next verse and I am going to do it! I am going to involve my family. I know my kids would love to quiz me! ;)

~I was "tripped up" in my Bible reading plan when I got the flu. But thankfully I am doing the plan for "Shirkers and Slackers" so I can keep moving along at my pace or catch up. I'll try to catch up but not stress if I just keep plugging along. The point is to read the whole Bible and not give up until I do. Here is the link if you are interested: http://www.ransomfellowship.org/publications/notes_biblereadingprogram.pdf

~I have been thinking over my cleaning plan and here's what I have. As it is I have 3 kids and one keeps up the laundry, one keeps up the dishes during the day, and one keeps up the vacuuming and taking out the trash. The 3 together clean up from supper. So the basics are pretty much kept up.

We'll add to that a deep clean per day:
~Monday: Kitchen (Cleaning frig in and out, wash floor and oven and counters and window and trim work and radiators and spot wash walls).
~Tuesday: Dining Room/School Room (Floors wash, Room dusted, tidy/organize school stuff, spot wash walls).
~Wednesday: Living Room and Media Room (Same as other rooms).
~Thursday: Bedrooms (Laundry, Sheets, tidy, dust, do windows, vacuum, clean closets, clean under beds, organize bureaus, spot wash walls, wash trim).
~Friday: Bathrooms (Clean linen closet, wash tubs and sinks and toilets and shelving and floors and windows, empty trash).
~Saturday: Special repair and improvement projects.

For the menus, I am trying to really write down everything we eat in categories of the meat involved (or lack thereof) and then put it in some sort of rotation. More to come on that.

I was expecting bumps. I didn't necessarily expect them to start on January 3rd. But the point is growth. I am determined to grow and keep working on the goals I feel like I need to work on. I am not giving up this time!! Life is messy. It's okay.

"But the noble man makes noble plans, and by noble deeds he stands." Isaiah 32:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!