Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goals for 2011

Have you ever noticed that when God calls you to do something (or even to stop doing something), suddenly everything you hear and read has something to do with that very thing? I love that!! A confirmation is so...so...confirming!!! ;) This year I decided to focus on Scripture Memory and I am now seeing and hearing it everywhere!!

As I mentioned in my last post, I am joining Beth Moore's Scripture Memory Team. I posted my verse on her site yesterday and today I go to see who else has posted and there are 6,241 total posts, all women memorizing too!! How encouraging!! :)

Today my pastor mentioned the importance of Scripture Memory from the pulpit. It was great because he talked about the "why" behind it. It is because we want God's Word to transform us! As he said: "The Word of God doesn't transform us until we internalize it." Beth Moore said on her blog: "The captivated mind that tears down stronghold's is what we're after." I want all of it!!

On to my other goals, the tie that binds them together is that I desire to organize my life in such a way that it frees up my resources (time, finances and such) so that my life is more than just "upkeep". Do you know what I mean? There are things that have to get done. But I'd like my life to be fuller than that. I know there's more I am called to do.

So, in 2011 I'd like to:

~Memorize 24 Scripture Verses
~Read the whole Bible
~Organize home chores and implement (I'd like to have the kids chores listed with their daily school work so they know exactly what is expected without me having to tell them daily).
~Healthy eating, exercise on the treadmill at least 3 days per week.
~Organize our menu's/eating plan/grocery buying. I want there to be enough variety to be enjoyable to my family but still be a cycle so that I don't have to think! I hope that's possible!
~Do the painful declutter. I have gotten rid of the first, easy layer. Now it's time to make the tough decisions to keep only what we absolutely need and get rid of the stuff we don't have room for in our house or life.
~Set up Homeschool Tracker. This will take figuring it out first but will make keeping track of high school for the younger two so. much. easier.

These goals will help me, I pray, to:

~Hear from God, spending more time with him.
~Quality Family Time.
~Reaching Out-Helping others and sharing the hope that God has given me through the gospel.
~Helping Tyler get accepted to college and make that transition, accomplish his planned short term missions trips.
~Spending time with friends and church family.

Who knows what this year will bring? Perhaps I'll get news tomorrow or something will happen that will make all of this impossible. Or, maybe I'll get all of it done and have an EPIC year! Either way, God is God and I am not and He is in control. And I trust Him...

What are your goals this year? I'd love to hear about them here or you can give me the link to your blog and I'll visit you there. :)

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5

"How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:9-11


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!