Monday, December 13, 2010

Because it Just Can't Wait...

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for your in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:17

This verse sums up so much the area where I think God is asking me to work. I have so much on my mind and heart. There are situations and people in every area of my life that I need wisdom concerning, or where there is a need, or where I just need to focus. It's been overwhelming to me.

For some crazy reason I have been simply trying to get more disciplined about that one "big time" that I meet with God daily (that I call my *quiet time*) and trying to ball up every need, every situation, every lack of mine, everything I am concerned over and pour it out in that one time a day. There's nothing like setting myself up for a big failure!! I just can't save it up to pour it out in one time of the day. Not that I never pray during the day, I do. But not like I should, as much as I should.

Yesterday, thankfully, "light dawned over my marblehead" that the things I need to pray over are just too important to wait on or to risk forgetting. So, starting yesterday I am making a concerted effort to "pray continually" and to trust that God is "on the job" and be thankful for that and thus JOYFUL!!

So, when a one of my kids is struggling with school or life or someone in the family has a concern or when I think of a concern with my husband or something I am asking God to tell him or for myself and areas where I need wisdom or to repent, or anything else or anyone else that I need to pray over, I am just doing it that second. No more waiting...life's too short to wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!