Monday, January 6, 2014

Love Journey


In 8 days, we will celebrate our "Homecoming", the day we brought our 4 youngest children home to the United States! And, honestly, I can't believe I am saying this, but I am planning a trip BACK to Nicaragua!!! 

I thought it would be a lot longer before I would be ready to return but God is so good and the mover of my heart! Only Him! This is going to be a special trip in many ways...

I am going with a group of women very dear to me. It is a group of friends who are more like family to me. These are the women I confess my struggles to, these are the women who call me out when I need to hear tough words. They love me through my struggles, they point me to Jesus. It'll be a trip to love and serve others as we continue to disciple one another. I've served and been "on mission" with these ladies in many different capacities and I just can't wait to serve on a mission's trip in another country with them!! I can't help but wonder what God will do through this trip! 

I can't wait to share more details!! We're going to Diriamba, Nicaragua to the Emmanuel Home of Protection to love and serve both the children who live there and the staff who serve them. The details are coming together quickly!! 


"...and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.
The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail..."
Isaiah 58:10-11




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!