Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Clinging Pretty Tight



Jesus and I, we're pretty tight... No really. This song above is another of my mantras. I listen over and over and over. I picture myself with a vice grip on my Shepherd. I am not taking a step without him. 

It's funny how the pattern of American culture is that the older you get the more you step back and take it easy. The kids grow and go. You're making a pretty good wage for two people. You look toward the day you can relax and do some of the things you didn't have time for. I don't know how many people actually get to do that, but it seems to be an expectation that floats around.

But doesn't it make more sense that the older you get, the wiser you are and the more useful you are? Don't you start working smarter? Don't you know more of what is important in life and what needs to be done? Don't you know more about yourself and the needs of the world and how you can be a part of the solution? Haven't you finally figured out what you are good at and what you are not good at? If you are a believer in Christ, don't you know Him better? Can't you recognize His voice quicker? 

Okay, so that's my: "Go baby, go! Don't quit now!" speech. It's a freebie... ;) 

This wasn't even what I planned to write about...So...

Who am I in the Universe? My deepest desire is to be a walking partner. I picture us all arm and arm, walking through the hardships, sorrows, and joys of life toward the same goal of eternity. We're not leaving anyone behind. We're begging each other to get back up and to not give up our hope. We're reminding each other that strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. We calling others to join us in our journey to faith in Christ and ultimately, Heaven. 

Who am I? I am a mother. I want to take any and all children the Lord would give me and love them to pieces. I want to teach them God's Truth and bring them to the place where they join the journey of the ones with whom I've locked arms, the Body of Christ. 

So what does that look like? Right now I'm trying to bringing stability to my family after adopting 4 children. I am homeschooling 6 of my 7 children. I run around like a crazy person all day only to wonder at the end of the day why my hair is sticky (today it was cookie dough). When someone asks me where I put any item *yesterday*, I remind them that I don't remember what I had for breakfast *today*. 

I marvel at those balancing so much more. I'm not saving the world. I'm not Mother Teresa. It's not grand. At the same time, it's hard sometimes. It's good, really good! But it's hard.

And yeah, Jesus and me, we're tight. Not because I am so disciplined and spiritual and awesome. Really because I need strength and steadfastness that only God can give! 

It's where I want to be, where I asked to be.  In tight...with Jesus. 

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." ~Isaiah 42:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!