Friday, August 23, 2013

...Then I am Strong

I love the beauty of leaves, even in the spring and summer! All different shades...

I don't think I ever go through a day without thinking about God being in control of it all. It is a great comfort to me and gives me confidence that I will be able to navigate even the toughest of days.

I've shared this with two friends just this week. Every day, I consciously remember that God loves me, that he has a good plan for my life, that His grace and mercy are new (offering me a fresh start every moment) and available to me, and that HE IS IN CONTROL. His power has no limit. He can work out his plan for me. His resources never run out and He can provide for me. 

No part of my day escapes His control, His notice, His power. He will not forget me. 

No pain is wasted. He uses these things to draw me to himself, to remind me to cling to Him, to mature my faith, to bring to me the places He wants me to be, to teach me His ways, to glorify Himself. 

Knowing God is sovereign, in control, gives me comfort and peace. Nothing and no one is lost to him. He loves my family more than I ever could and is in control over the lives of each of them as well. 

There is not one need, big or small, life depending or silly, that I do not lift up to Him. Through the day, as needs and fears arise, I lift those to Him and try to lay them down in trust. 

Interruptions in my schedule are His. Plans that don't work out are Him pruning my day. Days that look like too much are a chance for Him to display His strength in me. Days without the funds are a chance for Him to display His provision. 

When I forget and start relying on myself, I am stressed and overwhelmed. I start to drown. When I remember that my God is in control, I am at peace and in safety.

"Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all."  ~1 Chronicles 29:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!