Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Homeschool Mother's Journal



Join me! Homeschool Mother's Journal
In our homeschool this week…With my elementary children, we started learning the continents and are continuing with learning about the months of the year in English, the holidays for each month and the seasons in the United States. With my High Schoolers I found some more Astronomy materials for further study. I also discovered the website Currclick . They have free Ebooks and Lapbooks! I've done lots of printing! 


Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…Don't compare yourselves to others. Remember why you started this journey. You want them to have THEIR best life, not someone else's best life! Don't second guess your choices just because someone else with a different curriculum is a genius! ;) 

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…This week we got to have friends over for one afternoon and we got to visit friends on another afternoon! I notice my 4 sweeties speaking more English. It's fun to hear them adding words and phrases! 

My favorite thing this week was…time with friends!

Things I’m working on…improving our schedule. I'm gonna do it, really I am!! I am also working on having a time in the afternoon to ready my Bible and pray. I do this in the morning but I am needing refreshing in the afternoons to get through the remainder of my day with peace (another blog post coming on this!). 

I’m cooking…very basic meals and would love to add a new recipe each week. I saw a great recipe for broccoli cups that was cheesy and yummy looking. I am also dying to make a seafood chowder! :)

A photo, video, link, or quote to share … "Winter Wonderland!" 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!