Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Craving "Easy", Seeking Steadfast

Fransua, Crisia, Tyler, Ivon, Rachel, Eva, Christian :)

This is by far the EARLIEST I have ever written a blog post, so hoping I make sense here and can complete a thought. I was awake at 3 a.m. this morning. I thought I would go back to sleep until our 5 a.m. alarm, but I am not so sure now...

I've been one of those people who WISHED I could get myself up early...5 a.m. early...and never could...until I came to Nicaragua. At first I COULDN'T sleep for stress, then I felt better but would awaken out of habit...then started to like the peace and quiet and time to myself...then I started LEAPING out of bed between 4 and 5 a.m. every morning. The down side? I am almost a puddle by 7:30 p.m. 

Today we head to the U.S. Embassy to get the VISAS so that our sweet four can gain entrance to their home. You would think that the "U.S. Embassy" would invoke comfort as it is my own government...but alas, it has me shaking in my boots. Their reputation and our experience is not one of them being "helpful." So am praying for smooth sailing, for favor.

I am praying for "easy." I am craving "easy". I am desiring "celebration." I am running toward "trust" and my mind is searching out "steadfast." 

"Create in me a pure heart, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

"My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music." Psalm 57:7

Our airline tickets are purchased (seemed like the highest fare on the planet, praise God they are purchased!) for Monday, January 14th! I am planning on us leaving this house at "0 dark thirty" in the morning and arriving in our home state 40 minutes from my house at 9:07 p.m. 

But there's a document that my lawyer insists is not important as to the small detail that is amiss...my kids' names spelled incorrectly... In the world of adoption, not a good thing. So am praying my lawyer is right and that THIS document and it's lack o'spell check is not important. I am praying this is not another instance of her telling us we shouldn't worry and us watching things collapse around us. 

If you'd pray for us today I would sure appreciate it! Our appt. is at 8 a.m. and we leave the house this morning at 6:20 a.m. We have our translations, our photo copies, our filled out worksheets. I've left spots blank where I wasn't sure since not all of those sheets come with instructions... I've done all I can. I am praying for God to do all HE does and I am praying to make that flight on Monday. 

I am craving "easy". But there's no need to be "steadfast" when it's easy, is there...

"Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your judgments are like the great deep; you save humans and animals alike, O Lord. How precious is your steadfast love, O God! All people may take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light. O continue your steadfast love to those who know you, and your salvation to the upright of heart!" ~Psalm 36:5-10

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!