Thursday, August 9, 2012

Waiting and Whirlwind

Yup, you guessed it...Nicaragua!!

I find there are two speed settings on our adoption: "Whirlwind" and "Waiting". The trick and the trial is to try to do both well. 

This week I am in "the whirlwind." It feels like I am doing many things like shopping and getting the house ready, that I should have done earlier. But, at that time, I was still running in the "paperwork whirlwind" and the "homeschool planning whirlwind". And I suppose I tend to function best in the world of "last minute." 

So, the plan is:
Today: This morning I'm taking the kids and a couple of their friends mini golfing. Then I'll do some shopping, come back to drop Christian off at a birthday party, then do some more shopping with the goal to have all we need by tonight. I'll also get keys copied to hand out to those who will be in and out of our house and keeping guard on it! 

Friday: We plan to clean this house top to bottom. We're closing up the house entirely (with friends to check on it while we're gone). It'll be stuffy and stale when we return, but hopefully we'll come home to a very clean house!

Saturday: This day we pack and pack and pack. We'll plan our meals for Sunday and Monday morning and get rid of the rest of the food. We'll plan our outfits and pack the rest. 

Sunday: We'll go to church and say "good-bye" (sniff, sniff...), finish up whatever is left, bring the dog to our friend's house. We'll take the air conditioners out of the windows (all but one that is too heavy for us, someone else will do that one).

Monday morning: We'll move Rachel's bed into Christian's room to make room for bunk beds and then off we'll go for 15 hours of travel!

I've had a few questions about my homeschooling plans for my 2 teens while we are in Nicaragua and also my homeschooling plans for our younger 4. I'll come on back tomorrow morning and share. :) Who knows who else might enter this crazy fun and need to know how someone else did it?! ;) 

“If the Lord makes us wait let us do it with our whole hearts! He is worth waiting for. The waiting itself is beneficial to us: it tries faith, exercises patience, trains submission, and endears the blessing when it comes. The Lord’s people have always been a waiting people.” -C.H.Spurgeon

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!