Thursday, May 17, 2012

Too Blessed to be Stressed!

International Adoption feels very overwhelming to me. I know God has called us to it and I am so very excited for the day our children begin LIVING WITH US and this gets me through each day, each piece of paper, each phone call!!


The above flower was given to me by my bank last Saturday. You know it's been an intense week when you almost cry over a Mother's Day flower that the bank is giving to all the women customers!! It was a blessing that day!


Hearing the words "adoptable" seemed to set off a domino effect of chaos: my husbands car broke down while he was driving home, our washing machine broke, my laptop broke...  But within a week God had met every need through our church family: an offer of a van, a washing machine...suddenly everything turned around and we were better off financially then when the chaos started!! Isn't that just how God is? It was worth the chaos to receive the blessings heaped upon us by generous people who were listening to God!! I pray God will give me opportunities to be the same kind of blessing to others!!


When I am spending the day on the phone to get the paperwork done (everything takes at least 2 tries), God reminds me of how blessed and privileged I am to do this for the children he is adding to our family. When I am worried over money, God comforts me  with his promises of provision.


And when someone tells me I am crazy for adopting 4 at once I think of three things: 1. Jesus was pretty crazy to leave heaven to live on fallen earth and to die a torturous death to redeem ME. I serve a crazy God who calls us to do crazy things. 2. There are people out there sacrificing so, so much more than I am (If you can even call being blessed by God with 4 children a "sacrifice". Somehow that doesn't seem right). 3. If my kids were orphaned when they were young how devastating it would be if no one wanted to care for them because there were 3 of them. 


But I'll say this: Everyone who tells me I am crazy says it with love and I just laugh along with them and tell them they are right. After all, what if we find more siblings? Or what if God calls us to adopt more later?


Following God's call is a JOY. It is not a burden. I am EXCITED!! I can't wait to see the fruition, that of bringing 4 beautiful children home. I can't wait to have our family of 9 all together!! 


"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!