Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sometimes I Have Very Little...

There are times and seasons and days that I feel I have very little. Maybe very little money, or very little time, or very little energy...can you relate to what it feels like to have very little? Surely it's not enough to do anyone any good. "Very little" can tempt me not to venture out, not to try. I can feel like I don't have enough to consider giving away. There must be someone with more who can do more.


But then I remember...I serve the God of much! He can do a lot with a little and He always has...


There was the Widow at Zarephath with just a little flour and oil, enough to make a little meal for her and her son...but she offered it up to God and it never ran out. (1 Kings 17:7-16)


There was a boy with a 5 small barley loaves and 2 small fish and there were 5000 people who needed to eat! There was far too little but it was offered up to God and it fed all 5000 people and it took 12 baskets to hold the leftovers!! (John 6:1-14)


The widow who gave all she had, which was only a small amount called a "mite." She didn't hesitate because she only had a little. She gave it and Jesus noticed she gave every bit of what she had to live on. Her offering was recorded as an example for all time. (Mark 12:42-44)


God knows when I only have a little. He notices when I give it anyway. And He can do BIG THINGS with it!


"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous reminder! A neighbor of ours had a house fire on Sunday and lost everything. I have felt so very helpless. We have tried to give all we can to help out, but I find myself longing to be able to give more. Thank you for the reminder that God gives us exactly what we need to bless others and honor Him. I do pray that the little we try to do God magnifies into more than we could ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I echo your prayer. I am glad you can be there for your neighbor and your desire to do more defines what it means to be a "cheerful giver!" :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!