Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In our homeschool this past week...We started up our homeschool again after a long Christmas break. We took the extra time to mirror the schedule of our college son and I am so glad we did. I did not have the normal difficulty getting started again in January. I was rested and Christmas was fully cleaned up and I had time to organize! 

Helpful homeschool tips or advice to share...Never give up. Remember why you chose to homeschool. It's a marathon. Stop sprinting; you'll only kill yourself!

I am inspired by...Right now it is Katie Davis as I read her book, Kisses from Katie. It's one of those books I was to buy for everyone! We are reading it as a family and it is challenging us to step up our ministry to others.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...We did get to go visiting one afternoon and go to Youth Group but we mostly stayed home to get in a good "first week back" of school.

My favorite thing this week was...Don't think I am crazy but my favorite thing was making good progress on decluttering the house. It feels like I could actually FINISH this year and hereafter work on maintaining...ah the dream!

I'm reading...Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis and in my Bible, the book of Leviticus and 2 Samuel. 

I'm grateful...for the opportunity to homeschool my kids and the relationship we have through homeschooling. 

I'm praying for...my family, the youth in our youth ministry, various requests of friends. 

A photo to share...that my daughter, Rachel, took:




4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!