Monday, May 23, 2011

It's Not Just Possible...

We graduated our first homeschool student/son on Saturday. It really felt like a full circle moment. I really couldn't stop thinking about all the homeschool years together, all the hopes and fears that can accompany such a journey! In the end, God brought us through and I try very hard not to be shocked that we did it! "With God all things are possible." 


Even though my spell checker is still telling me that "homeschool" is not a word, it is a very viable option!! 


Celebrating our graduate was a very joyful, blessed time and I am so thankful for it. I am still basking in the glow of it all! I've been a little speechless about it even. And I completely forgot to ask someone to use my camera to take pictures!! But I have a few...


Rachel made most of the cupcakes and frosted all of them!! I lost track of how many we made but I think it was just over 70!
My prayer for the celebration was that Tyler would feel very loved and supportive by those around him that night. I invited people that he knew and felt close to...people who had ministered to him over the years. There's no way I could invite everyone I wanted to; that's the hardest part about a party.
I feel like my prayer was answered. And I am very hopeful that the pictures will come in that others took but the memories are still there! :) 
I guess what I want to share most of all is that when God brings you to something that he wants you to do and you obey, that he provides! Over the years God has put in front of me the curriculum I needed (both financially and what we needed for my son's learning style), the people I needed to help me, the encouragement when I was down, the strength when I felt I had none. It wasn't all easy, but by God's grace it was entirely possible. God, as always, showed himself faithful. 
If I had to do it all over again, I definitely would. It was totally worth it. It was messy for sure...most things that are worth it, are... Yeah, I'd do it again... Most days I wish I could... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!