Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Homekeeper's Journal 3/8/2011

If you would like to join in you can visit the The Christian Homekeeper .

In my kitchen this week...I've gotten some meal requests from my son's for homemade chicken soup and homemade seafood chowder so those are definite goals. My daughter's only request is usually: please don't run out of chicken!!

Service is something that is on my mind very much because...I am very aware that this is what God has called me to. Honestly, it is always easier to serve outside of my home with the proper attitude. At home, you do the dishes or laundry, and it needs to be done again...and again...and again... It can be exhausting and it can *seem* thankless. But it's not...God sees and your family sees whether or not they think to mention it. But really, I shouldn't need them to mention it. Service should be selfless, only caring to serve God.

There were times when my service seems...Like it is not enough. I know I can do more. I want to do more.

I know I serve others...When my motivation is 100% to love and help someone without any thought to what I might get in return, when I know I am using what God has given me in abilities and resources to do what pleases Him.

My service to others is most like Jesus...When I know for sure I will not be repaid and that person I am serving doesn't even know I am the one doing it and I still can't wait to do it. Or maybe when the person really doesn't appreciate it but I am still thankful to God that I have that opportunity...and I'd do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!