Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday 2/24/11

"Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to You." Psalm 86:5-6


Continuing my "blessing count" from last week...


74. So thankful the weather has been milder lately.


75. Thankful I can stay home when it storms tomorrow.


76. Thankful I got to visit with 2 friends yesterday, one during the day and one in the evening.


77. Thankful we could open our home to a couple of my sons' friends.


78. Thankful that God has provided oil for the furnace and gas for the vehicles. 


79. Thankful for time at home to read and write and declutter.


80. Thankful that I can serve in my church. 


81. Thankful that I could hear my husband preach last Sunday. 


82. Thankful for my kids, that they get along well with each other and that our home is peaceful. 


83. Thankful for my husband's job and that he has daily grace to withstand its trials.


84. Thankful for the Bible I got last year. I am really loving it. ("Key Word Study Bible")


85. Thankful for answered prayers. 


86. Thankful that bringing my son to college classes means we get time to talk and then I get time to read quietly while he is in class. Quiet is a blessing. :) 


87. Thankful that God is my Savior, my Father, my Shepherd.


Today I have been thinking about Proverbs 31:25 which says: "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."


I do not know what tomorrow will bring. I know Who holds all my tomorrows and He has proven Himself trustworthy. When I go to bed at night I consciously think of the good that the next day might bring. My husband will chuckle at me because often I'll say, "Tomorrow I am going to wake up and have a really good cup of coffee!" It's my way of saying that I am expecting a good day! It helps me to go to sleep thinking of the good things that will happen the next day. There's no guarantee and I know that. But the guarantee that I have is that I have a God, He loves me, He will not leave me or forsake me, He'll walk me through whatever comes! 


"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!