Thursday, November 28, 2013

It's Easy to Forget...

Get the breakfast out, get the school work going, work the shower schedule, load the washing machine, unload the dishwasher, get snacks out, finish up more school, create lunch, keep the laundry flowing, fold the laundry, hand out a chore, make sure schoolwork is done, think about correcting papers, run errands, make supper, settle who gets to use what electronic, night time snacks, night clothes on...

It's easy to forget...there's more to life than this. Souls are gathered here, young souls. Souls need nurturing and to learn of their creator. Souls are trying to figure out life, souls are struggling, souls need help interpreting life's joys and sorrows. 

I know today is Thanksgiving. And I am thankful...thankful and reminded...that amidst the busyness...life and love are more than my to-do list...

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing." 1 Cor. 13:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!