Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Another Big Day

                                                                *Nicaragua*

Yesterday was another big day! I called the airline to book flights for myself and my two *at-home* teens to go to Nicaragua. I had been told you could book the flight and get the adoption discount (giving us an open ended return flight), and then present your I171-H form from the U.S. gov't (proving you have U.S. permission to adopt) when you get to the airport to depart.  NOT!


The very nice customer service rep. explained that you can only buy these tickets at an airport so she could set up the flights and then I would need to go to the airport, show my I171-H and confirm/pay for my flight. Well you can't get that form until we're both finger-printed and the finger printing has been the current obstacle. The customer service rep. said they could give me 48 hours to come up with the I171-H. "Forget it," I said, "that's impossible." "Let me set it up," she said, "you never know..." Meanwhile my call waiting is beeping annoyingly on my phone and look at my caller i.d. and see that it is the USCIS calling. My mind was pretty blank as to what that could be about (perhaps blank from going round and round with the airline trying to price out flights with and without discount, waiting while supervisors are consulted, etc., etc.).


I get off the phone and call the USCIS back. GREAT NEWS! The U.S. Embassy in Nicaragua has FINALLY agreed to finger print my husband meaning he will not have to fly out to FL to do it! I ask, "So when can you FAX me the I171-H?? My officer says, "Well it usually takes 24 to 48 hours for me to see the prints in my system, but I don't know how long it will take me to see them coming from Nicaragua." I deflate...I explain the situation on the flights. She says, "Well let's not give up yet! If the embassy will email me telling me when the prints were taken and if they were successful, then I can FAX the form." 


Did you notice that in both conversations, I was giving up and the person on the phone was saying, "Let's not give up!" I had forgotten I serve the God who changes the impossible into possible, even in small situations like my flight! 


So, today my husband will load up the 4 sweeties and go to the U.S. Embassy for a third attempt (they've turned him away twice already) to get his finger prints! I am praying like crazy that they will not only do the prints but send the email while he is there. Then I can get my form and go out to the airport to get my tickets! 


Just another obstacle, another chance to trust God, another faith builder! I'm working on my "mustard seed faith!" 


Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed at that moment. Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?”He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” ~Matthew 17:18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!