Tuesday, June 12, 2012

And Miles to Go...

"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10


I love those two words: "cease striving." Of course they are just words until followed by "and know that I am God." I am human and so very limited. God is...GOD...and without limit. He is all powerful and all knowing. He sees the beginning AND the end. 


When you are on a journey filled with the unknown you need to know the One who KNOWS. When you are powerless to control anything you need to know the One who is IN CONTROL. When you are waiting and can't do anything to make things happen you need to know the One who set the world in motion and MAKES things happen. 


Adoption doesn't feel like ONE mountain, it feels like a BUNCH of mountains. Honestly? The ones people think of, like "money" and such, those mountains feel more like the little ones... "Money" is a mountain I have climbed before, I KNOW God's provision there. I've climbed that one before. 


But there are those mountains I haven't climbed before that look big to me like:


~Living for at least 3 months in Central America...


And bigger:


~Walking into an orphanage full of kids needing homes, looking into their eyes and not taking them all out and into homes...
~Taking our 4 children out and away from their friends and the only home they likely remember...
~Overcoming the language barrier...
~Taking them to a country they have never seen...


And the mountains of insecurity:


~Will they like us? Love us as theirs?
~Will they WANT to be adopted?
~Will they like the United States? 


We've been told by their social services that there are no family members who could care for them. We are told by others that being adopted in country is rare to impossible. We believe WE are called to this and that every child, including them (whom I love already like crazy!), need a family. But there are mountains to climb and miles to go...


"Cease striving and know that I am God..." 


GOD gives me the courage to take the next step and the next one... If I didn't believe that He would empower us for each step I would give up and hide under my bed covers. But I know He's got this...and I know He has led many others through this before me. I just take the "next step", but the striving is all His...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!