Friday, December 2, 2011

Easy Advent Wreath

When my kids were young, we always enjoyed making an Advent Wreath. Just two Chinet paper plates, 4 candles, craft glue and any pretty pine pieces, pine cones, acorns, or anything decorative is all that is needed. It's easy enough for the youngest crafter and inexpensive too. (I know I don't have the right colors for the candles. I use what I can get inexpensively. This year it was 3 cranberry colored and 1 gold.)
First I cut holes in one paper plate. I make an "x" shape and fit a candle in to make sure it's big enough. I make 4 holes symmetrically. Then I apply glue to the bottom plate.
 Next I fit the plates together so there is the empty space inside. A little glue on the end of each candle helps them stay stationary once I place them in the holes.
Now all that's left if decorating! Kids can use their imaginations and glue down anything! I kept mine simple this year with scraps from the wreaths I already made and a couple of pine cones. 


Enjoy! :) 

2 comments:

  1. That sure IS easy! I think I have enough pine trees around here to give it a try. BTW, you have a beautiful dining set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marg!! I hope you post a pic of the wreath on your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!