Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday 4/21/2011

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:31-32


The truth is, if God never gave us another thing, he gave us a Savior and that is all we truly need. If that was all he ever did for us, would it not be more than enough? 


Yet, he chooses to bless us, to enable us, to strengthen and encourage us. No, life is not easy. But as the quote from Bethany Hamilton in "Soul Surfer" states: "I don't need easy. I need possible..." 


As this is Easter week and tomorrow is Good Friday, I don't want to lessen the gratitude I have for the death and resurrection of Jesus, for all he accomplished on the cross, with a list of any other blessings. This week I want to focus on the fact that "Jesus is enough." 


I still appreciate all that God does for me everyday. But I need to open my heart afresh and confess to God, "If you never gave another thing to me, thank you for Jesus, thank you for the cross, thank you for the resurrection, thank you for the offer of salvation, thank you for wooing me to yourself, thank you for empowering me to choose you by faith. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!