Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Homekeeper's Journal 3/29/11

If you would like to join in simply visit The Christian Homekeeper .


In my kitchen this week...Sunday's cooking project was my husband figuring out a pork fried rice recipe. In other words, he plays with ingredients and creates his own recipe. :) We're thinking one more batch and he'll have it down! This is his "Sunday Hobby" lately and I'm loving it!


In my home this week...I am enjoying sunlight that is more direct and the days becoming longer. The snow is sloooowly melting. I am starting to do little projects around the house as I can afford them. Most of our energy is in helping our oldest son complete high school and get into college. There's sooo much paperwork but it's a good distraction from the sad fact that he'll be sleeping somewhere else in the fall!


Read these verses: 

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22
These verses tell me that repentance is closely connected to a close walk with God. My heart needs constant cleansing. Being cleansed is actually quite awesome... :) 
Now read these verses...
The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks. Luke 6:45
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
These verses tell me...A cleansed heart and renewed mind is needed for the overflow of my life to be something usable to God. And...it allows God to move in my life and for me to be in His Will which is just where I want to be!
I will start spring cleaning my heart this week by...renewing my mind with God's Word and cleansing my heart by praying and asking God to reveal my sin and then asking for forgiveness and asking for the power to change and stop doing/thinking those things that grieve Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!