Friday, January 11, 2013

I Hope

Five months in Nicaragua. I'm changed. 

At least, I hope I'm changed. 

I hope I have more thankfulness, more compassion, more understanding, more Jesus. 

I hope I'm changed. 
I hope I have less holding what I think is mine back for me, less worrying about what others think, less trying to keep the world from seeing the messy parts of me, less selfishness, less me.

I hope those things I determine to do and be become life patterns and habits. 

I hope I am open wide to learn and to love and to share.

I hope I love more.

I hope my love is a verb that keeps on acting out. 

I hope my approach to the Bible is to read and do. I hope I never again stop at reading or studying it. 

I hope I never hesitate to tell a hurting soul about my Jesus.

I hope my life is busted wide open and a fragrance of Jesus is set free.

I hope I run headlong after Jesus and all He would ask me to do.

I am changed. 

I hope. 


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." ~Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!